Humane Society of Charles County
The Humane Society of Charles County is an independent shelter that has been proudly serving Southern Maryland since 1978. The shelter is a
501(c)(3) non-profit funded by donations and grants and donations are tax deductible. Because of community support the Humane Society of Charles County is able to provide:
• Comfort and care for over 10,000 animals annually through the shelter's many programs. This includes providing a safe haven and a second chance for homes and loving families for 3,200 stray or unwanted animals every year.
• Safe and affordable spay/neuter services
• Low cost vaccinations and microchips
• Emergency veterinary care and rehabilitative care for injured, abused, or stray animals
• Humane Education programs that reach over 10,000 children annually
• Pet visits to local nursing homes and senior centers
• Strong adoption programs to help ensure that every companion animal lives in a safe, loving, and secure home!
• And more!
Visit Humane Society of Charles County