The holistic approach to veterinary medicine is excellent for preventive care and health optimization, as well as treatment of chronic conditions. Holistic modalities, such as acupuncture and herbal medicine, are used to balance the “whole” animal, so that your friend can heal and maintain the highest possible quality of life. What makes holistic treatments different from more traditional care is that they are customized to the whole pet, not just to the disease.
The techniques used in holistic medicine are gentle and minimally invasive. During appointments, we focus on the patient’s well-being and stress reduction. As part of ongoing treatment or a general wellness plan, our holistic specialists provide the following services:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- HomeopathyNutritional counseling
- Chiropractic treatments
We work with clients to teach them how to help their companion animal maintain good health.
Holistic medicine can be used to address most conditions, including the following:
- Musculoskeletal problems, such as arthritis and hip/elbow dysplasia'
- Rehabilitation after an injury or a surgery
- Chronic degenerative diseases
- Chronic sinusitis
- AsthmaGastro-intestinal problems, such as irritable bowel disorder
- Kidney, liver and other organ failures
- PancreatitisDepressed immune system function
- Behavioral issues, such as fear and aggression
- Anxiety, insomnia and stress
- Skin allergies and other dermatologic conditions