Primary Care

Health Certificates

There are two types of health certificates available, one which approves your cat for travel within the continental United States, and another which approves them for international travel. Veterinarians must be USDA licensed to complete international health certificates, and our doctors can provide this service.

Acquiring a health certificate will require you to schedule an appointment with your veterinarian. Your cat will receive an overall exam during which the doctor will be able to certify that your cat is healthy and safe for travel. The doctor will also verify that the rabies vaccination is current, as this is mandatory.  Our USDA-licensed doctors can help you through the complex planning required for international travel.