Why has my veterinarian prescribed this medicine?
Fipronil is an antiparasitic agent prescribed by your veterinarian for treatment of fleas and ticks in dogs and cats.
How do I give this medication?
"Avoid touching the areas on your pet where you applied the medication until the medication is dry."
- Apply this medication to your pet as directed by your veterinarian. READ THE LABEL CAREFULLY.
- DO NOT apply more medication than directed or more often than directed.
- Have a reminder system in place to indicate when the next dose should be applied.
- Make sure that the product does not contaminate food, water or feed.
- Wear latex gloves when applying the product and wash hands with soap and water afterwards.
- Avoid touching the areas on your pet where you applied the medication until the medication is dry.
- Do not reapply for 30 days.
What if I miss giving a dose?
Apply the dose as soon as possible. Contact your veterinarian if you have missed applying the dose by more than a few days. Do not apply two doses at once.
How do I store this medicine?
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Store this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Store away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Keep the product away from heat and open flame.
- Do not store this medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink or in damp places. The medicine may break down if exposed to heat or moisture.
What are the potential side effects?
- A temporary irritation may develop at the site of administration.
- Hypersensitivity has been rarely reported.
- If you notice anything unusual, contact your veterinarian.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
- Make sure to tell your veterinarian if you are giving your pet any other medication or supplements.
- Quite often, your veterinarian may prescribe two different medications, and sometimes a drug interaction may be anticipated. If this occurs, your veterinarian may vary the dose and/or monitor your pet more closely.
- There are no known drug interactions, however, certain medications may interact with insecticides.
- Contact your veterinarian if your pet experiences any unusual reactions when different medications are given together.
© Copyright 2009 Lifelearn Inc. Used and/or modified with permission under license.