Primary Care

Health Certificates

Traveling with Your Pet

Our veterinarians can do the required health exams, blood samples, vaccines and prepare the certifications you will need for international travel, by appointment. Below is some general advice from the USDA to better prepare you for the process. Please make sure you read everything before you come in to your appointment.

Your veterinarian and USDA can supply information and assistance in the process, but the PET OWNER is ultimately responsible to ensure requirements are met. Some travelers find that companies which specialize in pet shipping are useful, such as

Useful Websites

State Regulations: (go to state page)

USDA/APHIS State Offices (some countries require a Government official to sign the health certificate)

Foreign Country requirements listed by Country: (go to page)

If you are taking a pet to another country, you may wish to contact that country's consulate or embassy for up-to-date information A listing of consulates can be found at: ( US Department of State website).

If coming to the USA, please check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requirements on importing your pet.

Disease restrictiions can be found at the APHIS Veterinary Services National Center for Import and Export (NCIE).

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) publication on pets: (pdf)

If you have questions or concerns for exporting animals to a foreign country, you should contact the Veterinary Services Area Office in the State from which your pet will be exported.