Primary Care

Health Certificates

There are two types of health certificates available--one which approves your pet for travel within the continental United States, and another which approves them for international travel.

Acquiring a health certificate will require you to schedule an appointment with your veterinarian. Your pet will receive an overall exam during which the doctor will be able to certify that your pet is outwardly healthy and safe for travel. The doctor will also verify that the rabies vaccination is current, as this is mandatory.  

Both Dr. Syngajewski and Dr. O'Brien can sign domestic health certificates, but only Dr. Syngajewski is able to sign international health certificates (for any species) through the USDA. If you are planning on an international trip, please plan early, and inform the office of your plans as soon as possible. Sometimes, it can be challenging to gather all the necessary requirements for international travel with certain species.