Primary Care

Health Certificates

At VCA Ben White Animal Hospital our USDA Accredited veterinarians offer both Interstate and International (Aphis 7001) Health Certificates for dogs and cats. We understand how stressful it can be to travel especially when your pets are involved. That is why we have some helpful tips to help with your travel.

As soon as you are aware you will be traveling with your pet check with the airline and/or the country's consulate you will be traveling to for special requirements. Some foreign countries require special testing which can be time sensitive.

A great source of information if traveling to a foreign country is the USDA website.

All international health certificates need to be signed and stamped by a USDA veterinarian for final approval. You will be required to make an appointment with them for this service. The U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal Veterinary Services is located at 903 San Jacinto Blvd, RM 262, Austin, Texas 78701.

Acquiring a health certificate will require you to schedule an appointment with your veterinarian. Your pet will receive an overall exam during which the doctor will be able to certify that your pet is healthy and safe for travel.

Please contact our office for more information.