Welcome! Located in the Northeast Heights of Albuquerque, on the corner of Wyoming and Candelaria, about 2.5 miles from Interstate 40 (I-40), VCA Wyoming is a friendly, comfortable, state of the art , medically full service AAHA accredited veterinary hospital. Our caring and skilled veterinarians provide well pet and sick pet services, for puppies & kittens, adult dogs & cats, and senior pets. Our services include physical exams, vaccines, including weekly Preventative Care vaccine Clinics; spay, neuter, and pet dental care; surgeries, hospitalization, digital x-ray, ultrasound, & laboratory testing. Ask us about CareClub, the affordable monthly wellness plan. We carry Hill's Science & Prescription Diets, Royal Canin therapeutic pet food, and a variety of treats. We work closely with several local rescue groups and animal shelters including the city of Albuquerque's Animal Welfare Dept. (AWD), Animal Humane of New Mexico (AHANM), Watermelon Mountain Ranch (WMR), PACA, NMAF, Best Friends, FAT Katz, Street Cat Hub, and the Valencia County Shelter.
We welcome you to VCA Wyoming where we care about you and your pet, and will help you take the best possible care of your loveable companion. Our doctors, Dr. Kacie Martin, Dr. Lori Grainger, and Dr. Sonali Warrick, are knowledgeable and skilled veterinarians, and kind and compassionate individuals. Along with our friendly front office staff and well trained patient care team, we will provide exceptional service to you and your pet. In the community since 1992, we are here to serve you.
- VCA Wellness Programs: Allow early detection of disease and help reduce your pet's health risks throughout his or her life.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic services: For your pets' complete health-care needs.
- Diagnostic imaging: On-site X-ray service provides high-quality radiographs essential for identifying problems that cannot be found by a physical examination.
- Electrocardiography: On-site ECG services, as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Laboratory: In-house laboratory for serum chemistry and hematology for more urgent cases; we also utilize a commercial veterinary laboratory for routine and specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: A complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, canine and feline heartworm preventatives, prescription diets, vitamins and shampoos.
- Surgery/Dentistry: We are fully equipped to provide routine spaying and neutering, soft tissue surgery, dental evaluations and cleaning. We also provide dental X-rays to thoroughly evaluate crowns and roots of any problem teeth.
- Emergency care: We are fully equipped to handle emergency cases.
- Pain management: Pain can accompany illness, injury, surgery, or chronic condition. Effective pain control is a vital part of caring for your pet and ensuring their comfort, quick recovery, and quality of life.