Our hospital offers Vaccination Examinations because vaccinations are critical to the well-being of your pets. Vaccines protect against potentially deadly viral diseases like Distemper, Parvovirus, Lyme Disease and Rabies in dogs, and Panleukopenia, Feline Leukemia Virus and Rabies in cats.
- Annual Rabies Vaccination - Rabies is always fatal (in both animals and humans). Since there is no cure, prevention by vaccination is the only solution
- Lifestyle Vaccination Plan - Your dog's lifestyle determines his risk levels for various diseases. Our doctors will individualize a vaccination plan for your dog based on his health and these risk factors. The recommended vaccinations may include Canine Distemper, Adenovirus/Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Bordetella and/or Lyme and Rattlesnake.
- Annual Rabies Vaccination - Rabies is always fatal (in both animals and humans). Since there is no cure, prevention by vaccination is the only solution.
- FVRCP Vaccination - (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia) This yearly vaccine protects and maintains your cat's antibody levels to protect them from these common viral diseases
- Feline Leukemia Vaccination - This vaccine protects cats from the number one cat virus in our area. While it is more common in outdoor cats, it is often seen in indoor cats as well. Your cat is considered "at risk" for leukemia if he spends ANY time outdoors, supervised or not. Yearly boosters comprise the best prevention program. We recommend vaccinating indoor cats as well to maintain high enough antibody levels to protect them in case they get outside, have to stay in the hospital or kennel, or you decide to adopt another cat.