There is no doubt that upon calling around you may find other practices that offer vaccination and wellness services for a slightly lower cost. Remember the old adage “You get what you pay for?” Well, we use the highest quality vaccines available as well as recommending less aggressive vaccination schedules. Let us explain further:
We use Vanguard brand vaccines which:
- Allows us to give Rabies and Distemper (DHP) every 3 years.
Feline Vaccines - We also use Merial’s Feline Vaccines (PureVax) that cost a bit more but:
- Are completely preservative-free;
- Are made with recombinant technology (Rabies);
- Allow us to give the Distemper vaccine every 3 years;
- Cause less vaccine reactions.
Our philosophy focuses on high quality medicine practiced by high quality veterinarians and staff. These vaccine protocols and products reflect our commitment to the health and safety of your pet.
Canine Vaccinations Include:
- DAPP: This vaccine is for canine distemper, parvovirus, and hepatitis. These diseases are typically spread by dogs, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and rodents.
- Leptospirosis: Leptospirosis, a bacterial disease that affects both people and animals, is transmitted from dog to dog by exposure to bodily fluids, bite wounds or ingesting infected tissue. It may also be picked up from infected water or bedding.
- Rabies: This viral disease is fatal for dogs and cats. Rabies is almost always transmitted via the bite of a rabid animal (often a skunk, raccoon, fox or bat).
- Bordetella: This vaccine is for an upper respiratory infection that is highly contagious between dogs.
Vaccines are important for both inside and outside cats:
- FVRCP: This vaccine protects against rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, chlamydia and panleukopenia which are transmitted by saliva, mucus and other secretions of acutely ill cats.
- Feline Leukemia: The feline leukemia virus can infect cats by saliva or nasal discharge, biting, or sharing food and water dishes.
- Rabies: Rabies is mainly transmitted through the bite wounds of infected mammals and is highly contagious.