The veterinarians at VCA Desert Inn Animal Hospital have an exceptional amount of experience and continuing education involving internal medicine diseases. Some of the common internal medicine conditions our veterinarians address include:
- Heart disease
- Pet diabetes
- Kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Diseases of the immune system
- Respiratory disease
Advanced Veterinary Technology
When dealing with issues of internal medicine, quick and accurate diagnosis is important for the success of any treatment process. VCA Desert Inn Animal Hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for the benefit of Las Vegas’ pets, including:
- Veterinary digital imaging - In addition to providing our veterinarians with higher quality X-ray and ultrasound images, the digital nature of our technology allows us to share the images with specialists for consultation on challenging cases.
- Veterinary laboratory - With the ability to process lab samples on-site, VCA Desert Inn Animal Hospital can provide lab results on blood work, fecal scans, skin samples, and other samples often within minutes, allowing accurate and efficient diagnosis and treatment.
- Veterinary endoscopy - Use of our endoscope allows our veterinarians to view the internal surfaces of the gastrointestinal system, the nasal cavity, and upper airway passages.
- Radioactive iodine therapy - VCA Desert Inn Animal Hospital has been constructed with the necessary special accommodations to be licensed to provide the most advanced treatment option for cats afflicted with hyperthyroidism.
- Pet laser therapy - Using our therapeutic cold laser encourages cell division and speeds healing in pets afflicted with a variety of diseases.
- Veterinary cancer treatment - Our hospital is equipped to scan for cancer in pets and to treat pet cancer with a variety of chemotherapy options.
Contact VCA Desert Inn Animal Hospital if our internal medicine abilities can be of service to you and your pet.