We all understand that dental health is very important for ourselves and our well-being. Dental care is also extremely important for the long term health of your pet. We will work to help you find a way to prevent tartar accumulation and subsequent dental disease in your pet with a method that works for you and your family. If your pet does, unfortunately, develop tartar and/or dental disease, we are here to help.
Once you have made that important decision to have your pet's teeth cleaned/scaled/extracted, the next important decision you must face is which clinic you want to entrust with your pet as this procedure is performed. At VCA Meadow Hills, we realize how important the safety of your pet is to your family. As you choose a clinic, you are not only trusting the veterinarian who will be overseeing the procedure, but also the staff who will perform the cleaning and extractions and will provide important monitoring and aftercare for your pet.
You will find that prices for performing these elective procedures will vary widely between clinics depending upon the type and number of services provided. At Meadow Hills Veterinary Center the price for these procedures include all of the following services:
- A pre-surgical examination by a doctor.
- A pre-anesthetic pain injection pain injection to prevent pain before it occurs.
- An intravenous catheter and fluids to maintain blood pressure and provide venous access in the event of an emergency.
- Sevoflurane gas anesthesia - the newest and safest gas anesthetic.
- Anesthetic monitoring by licensed technicians with EKG, pulse oximeter, electronic respiratory and pulse rate monitors, and blood pressure readings.
- Post-dental care with a technician or assistant staying with your pet during recovery and monitoring comfort and pain during their hospital stay.
- Instructions for after care at home.
VCA Meadow Hills veterinarians and staff strive to provide you with top quality care at all times. Staff members are highly educated and our staff to doctor ratio is very high at 6:1 (6 staff members per doctor) to give your pet personalized care. Pain management is of paramount concern.
We would be happy to answer any further questions you may have about your pet's dental procedure. Please feel free to call us at 783-0399.