Doctor Susan Thorson opened VCA Meadow Hills in 1995, with the vision of providing compassionate, high quality veterinary care. Over the ensuing years their dream has grown in breadth and scope of ways to help pets become more comfortable, healthier and more active in their relationships with their families. They have worked hard to make VCA Meadow Hills a good place to work for their team members and to give back to the community. They remain true to their purpose:
- to create an exceptional experience for pet owners
- to work as a team, with shared dedication and passion
- to enhance the health of each pet, resulting in a stronger relationship between the human ~ animal ~ veterinarian
VCA Meadow Hills opened its first clinic at 8802 West Gage, and its second vet clinic, VCA Meadow Hills South at 3711 Plaza Way, both in Kennewick, WA. We serve pets and their owners in Kennewick, Richland, and Pasco, WA.
The communities of Richland, Kennewick, Pasco, West Richland, Burbank, Finley, Hermiston and surrounding areas are the people of our veterinary practice. We have chosen to support and give back to our communities with our time, financial backing, and in recognition. Listed here are examples of some of these programs:
- 2013" Sponsor of pet waste stations at new Southridge Park, Event Center and Athletic complex
- 2013" Sponsor of Pet Overpopulation Prevention annual Fur Ball to raise money for homeless pets
- 2012" Veterinarians teach pet first aid in conjunction with REI
- 2010-2012 - Sponsor of the DockDogs at the Benton Franklin Fair & Rodeo
- 2008-present" Participant in Yakima Valley Community College externship program for veterinary technician program
- 2006-present" Sponsor of Paws for Patients, the pet therapy program at Kennewick General Hospital
- 2003-present" Participant in WSU preceptorship program for senior veterinary students. Work with students while in training to provide free spays and neuters for POPP, Humane Society and Animal Control.