The Clinical Nutrition Services at VCA AVCC provides nutrition consultation in health and the nutritional management of diseases. The goals for our service include:
- Provide high quality consultation to primary care veterinarians and their patients on the nutritional management of healthy or sick small animal patients.
- Provide in-house nutritional support to all patients in the VCA Specialty Hospitals and other specialty hospitals within the Midwest.
Balanced appropriate nutrition is one of the most important components in maintaining your companion animal’s health. Our service works together with referring veterinarians and specialists to provide optimal nutrition for all patients.
- Commercial diet recommendations
- Weight reduction and weight management plans
- Evaluation and formulation of balanced homemade therapeutic and maintenance diets for dogs and cats
- Supplements and nutraceuticals for oncology, medicine, surgery and critical care
To make an appointment:
- You will need to fill out a Diet History Form.
- Your primary veterinarian or specialist will need to fill out a Consult Request Form (unless your pet is a patient in our hospital)
For more information, please call 317-578-4100.