Primary Care

Health Certificates

There are two types of health certificates available: one which approves pets for travel within the continental United States, and another which approves them for international travel.

Please research specific needs for your pet's travel ahead of making travel reservations. We recommend that you schedule an appointment with one of our veterinarians for your pet to be examined and to plan out any services that your pet will need prior to being issued a health certificate.

Some domestic destinations like Hawaii, and many international destinations including Australia, will require 3-6 months of planning and staged visits including additional testing, vaccinations, and anti-parasitics before the health certificate can be issued.

Check out this website in the planning stage of your trip to learn what specific requirements need to be met in order for your pet to travel to your desired destination:

Also check with the airline you will be using to see what forms they may require separate from state or country requirements. Additional fees may apply for the issuance of these documents. Some certificates will require a secondary certification from a USDA Accredited Veterinarian. We do not offer this endorsement.

Acquiring a health certificate will require you to schedule an appointment with your veterinarian. Your pet will receive an overall exam during which the doctor will be able to certify that your pet is healthy and safe for travel. The doctor will also verify that the rabies vaccination is current, as this is mandatory. Fees apply for the examination, for the issuing of the health certificate, and for any vaccines or other services that are completed during that visit.

Some additional websites which may help you prepare to travel with your pet: