VCA San Martin Animal Hospital

Our Story

At VCA San Martin Animal Hospital, we help pets live long, healthy and happy lives. We deliver the best medical care for pets and the best experience for pet owners.

Located in San Martin and servicing Morgan Hill, Rucker, Coyote Valley, and Gilroy communities, our veterinarians, technicians and pet-friendly support staff are trained to the highest standards. Their thorough knowledge of the latest procedures and medicines ensures that our patients receive the best in preventive and healing care.

Hometown Care at VCA San Martin Animal Hospital

At VCA San Martin Animal Hospital, we understand your pet is an important part of your family. Our veterinarians are experienced and knowledgeable and will guide and educate you through all phases of your pet's life with recommendations on heartworm prevention, nutrition, parasite control, dental care, early detection, and wellness programs. We are also here for you in cases where urgent care or emergency care is needed for your pet.

In every case, our Veterinarians, Registered Veterinary Technicians and other staff personnel are trained to the highest standards. When your pet visits VCA San Martin Animal Hospital, he or she receives the finest care available and we pledge to work closely with you to ensure your pet's health and happiness for years to come.

Local Medical Issues

Several local issues can arise due to the wide open spaces in the south Santa Clara Valley area. Rattlesnake bites happen all too often, especially during the hot summer months. Hikers with their pets are advised to be observant at all times keeping dogs on a leash and should be particularly careful when negotiating fallen logs or boulders and when near rocky outcroppings and ledges where snakes may be hiding or sunning themselves. VCA San Martin Animal Hospital recommends that all pets with a potential exposure to rattlesnakes be vaccinated with a Rattlesnake Vaccine.

A majority of cases seen by our hospital during the summer months involve foxtail removal. Dogs and cats alike are affected. If not removed promptly, foxtails can be extremely dangerous especially if lodged in an eye, mouth, nose, ear or paw. Bring your pet to VCA San Martin Animal Hospital as soon as your pet shows any symptoms of foxtail penetration.